Sunday, June 13, 2010

CrossFit and Killer Abs

This is a CrossFit squat...maybe.

Today, I wanted to try something a little different.  As they say, variety is the spice of fitness (or something like that).

Fellow blogger Fitbomb has been talking about CrossFit to add a little functional fitness to his regimen.  I decided that Mrs. Gias and I should try a little something different so we are going to do one of CrossFit's "Workout of the Day" routines.  The one we chose was to do:

5 pullups
10 pushups
15 squats

Repeat 15 times or twenty minutes, whichever comes first.  The object is to go as fast as you can with good form.  Needless to say at the end, I was totally out of breath and got in a seriously good workout in the 13:11 it took me to complete the 15 rounds.  Mrs. Gias finished right on my heels at 13:20.  I know that we'll probably have to work on our form and try a few more workouts, but I think CrossFit might be a great new tool to add to our workout arsenal.

After we finished our first attempt at CrossFit and took a few minutes to recover, we threw in Killer Abs from Tony's One on One series.  I don't care how many times you done this routine, over 450 reps of ab moves still burns me up everytime. 

The workout today was quick, efficient and hit just about every body part.  I really liked it.

No comments: