Monday, June 7, 2010

Insanity Core Cardio and Balance

Look ma...I can fly!

Back in the saddle.  It's been a few days since we worked out, but first things first...Mrs. Gias ran in Hospital Hill on Saturday and she did GREAT!  She PR'd on a humid day and on probably one of the toughest half marathon courses around.  B & G, my inlaws and I all cheered her on and had a blast.

As for the workouts, yeah, I've been slacking.  Mrs. Gias was tapering last week and I decided to taper with her even though I didn't have a race...it was basically just an excuse to slack off for four days.  The other problem I've had is that I've been eating like an idiot lately, sneaking a soda, eating pizza, throwing in a hamburger when I took my girls out for lunch.  Was it non-stop junk food?  No.  Was it more than I should have had? Yes.  I desperately need to work out, eat right and get back into a routine.  It's only been four days, but geez, I feel like I'm falling down a hole and worried and can't come back up.

That's why this morning's workout, even though it's not the most intense, still felt great.  We built up a bit of a sweat, I had a sensible breakfast and felt much better about myself today.  We'll workout again tomorrow and the next day and I'll get my rhythm back...I hope.

No comments: