Tuesday, June 8, 2010

P90X Shoulders and Arms

Oh, you don't know this move, it's called, "Light headed Geek should take a break and know his limits."

It was my turn to choose the workout this morning and I wanted to do a tough upper body workout.  I decided to go old school with P90X's Shoulders and Arms.  This video is right at 60 minutes and it is tough

According to my logs, we haven't done this workout since January.  It was every bit as tough as I remember it.  It's 15 exercises repeated (30 total) going back and forth between Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps.  I like this workout because I can lift heavy and always feel spent at the end no matter how many times I do the workout. 

That's the great thing about weights, they can always get heavier.

Today I got through about half the workout and started feeling light headed; which isn't a new experience for me.  It happens when I workout hard.  For whatever reason I start huffing and puffing or muscle up an extra rep and I'll get a little dizzy. 

Only today it came back after every move.  It started to get quite annoying. 

Mrs. Gias: Do you need to pause the video and get a drink?
Geek: Maybe for a minute.
Mrs. Gias: 'Cause it looks like you do. Pansy.
Geek: Love you too.

Nothing better than marital banter at 5 in the morning.

1 comment:

Mrs. GIAS said...

Since you clearly weren't coherent this morning (as evidenced by your elaborated version of our conversation), let me remind you that I offered to do a different workout this morning. And you chose Shoulders and Arms.

Reap what you sow, man...