Sunday, June 27, 2010

Upper Plus

Combat iso pushups...they hurt.

I'm pretty focused on cardio work right now getting ready for my next tri in two weeks, but I still need to get some strength work in to keep my muscles working.  Accordingly, I let Mrs. Gias pick the workout today and she wanted to do Upper Body Plus from the P90X+ series. 

It's an interesting workout because it's all time based, that is, you pick a weight that you can finish for the enitre alloted time, not the number of reps you need to do.  Normally, I'd do curls for eight reps and use enough weight so that I would be feeling it on the eighth rep and basically max out right there.  For today's workout, we did bicep blaster (curls) for 90 seconds.  To do 90 seconds of curls I had to significantly lower my weight and it still burned like hell at the end.

No comments: