Saturday, May 1, 2010

60 Minute Swim

I had a session with my swim coach today.  It was a good session, she really didn't have any critiques of my technique that were negative, which is pretty cool.  Since my technique and form are going pretty well, we worked on two modifications to my stroke to try to gain more speed.

The first change is to increase the cadence on my kick from my current 4 beat kick to more like a 6-8 beat kick.  Second change was to try a new breathing technique called three-two breathing.  Yeah, I got bored just writing those sentences, sorry. (If you really want to know more about either of these things, leave a comment and I'll let you know...what nobody?  That's a surprise...)

I guess the main point here is that I have used all the coaching sessions that I've paid for and I'm not sure I need anymore.  I got three so that I could have my stroke broken down, fixed and I could get faster.  Now that my stroke seems to be in good shape and my speed is pretty good (although you can always go faster) I think I just need to keep working.  I'll reassess after a few races and see what I really need to work on (newsflash - it's the bike and running).

No comments: