Thursday, May 20, 2010

P90X+ Interval X

Here's a lateral move called Super-Skaters...it works ya.

I don't think I've ever written about Interval X before.  It's part of P90X+ (prounounced "plus" at the end), the follow up to P90X.  It's supposed to be a more advanced follow up to P90X, but I don't think the workouts are all that difficult.  They're good, don't get me wrong, just not super challenging.  Which is exactly why we did Interval X today. 

I'm only three days away from the Kansas City Triathlon and I really don't want to be sore.  Mrs. Gias wanted to get in some cardio cross training today for her run schedule, but I was worried that an Insanity workout (normally our cardio cross training of choice) might be a little more than what I was looking for. 

I definitely wanted to be active today, just not so active that my legs or abs hurt tomorrow.  Interval X is a perfect mix for that.  You can go pretty hard through the routine, but it doesn't kill you.  It's basically 15 moves for one minute each, a 60 second break and then you repeat the moves again in reverse.  The first 20 seconds of each move are easy, then 20 seconds of medium and then 20 seconds of "full tilt" as Tony calls it. 

The moves vary from jumping jacks, squats, kicks and pushups.  It has good lateral movement as well as a few moves that make you go vertical to practice your explosive leg strength.  Again, not too taxing, but enough that you are sweating pretty good at the end of the workout. 

No comments: