Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kansas City Triathlon - Quick Update

I'm totally worn out and don't have time to write a full report tonight; that will come tomorrow.  Let's just say I finished the triathlon, the swim was terrible, the bike was pretty good and the run was a run...nothing special. 

I finished 332 out of 427 in 3:11:11, which was close to my prediction of 3:03.  I can pinpoint where the extra 8 minutes came from...exactly.  I predicted the swim at 25 minutes, I did the swim in 34 minutes.  The short story on the swim is it was cold, it was choppy and I panicked.

The one thing I wanted to mention for sure was that I easily, and I'm saying EASILY won the award for best cheering section of any other competitor.  Mrs. Gias came out with both B & G, my dad, both sisters and their husbands and my mother in law were there...with signs...and themed snacks...and loud cheering.  It was awesome.  Huge thanks for taking the time out of a Sunday morning to come support the Geek on his silly little New Year's resolution.  You all are the best.

More to come...

2 comments:

x said...

open water is interesting and takes some getting used to.

Kelly said...

I'm still very impressed with you and your accomplishment - wouldn't have missed it! (Although, I can't guarantee my presence at the entire July one - that sounds hot...) Congratulations - you should be proud.