Tuesday, May 11, 2010

9 Mile Bike Ride

I didn't get home until 7pm tonight, so I didn't have time for much of a workout. My weakest discipline right now is the bike, so I hopped on for a quick ride.  I got about 9 miles done in 30 minutes, not a bad pace and it was a good confidence builder for this weekend. 

A few quick points about my ride:
  • I got passed by two bikers today that were much faster than I am.  I wasn't mad about it, until one of the guys passed me and then rode without hands for a minute or two, still pulling away.  I know I'm slow, but you don't have to rub it in.
  • My bike is not very good, and the shifters are showing that on these harder rides; sometimes it shifts for no reason, which is kind of annoying and doesn't give me a lot of confidence for a smooth ride.
  • My front tire loosened up a little and came out of true during a ride over some bumps.  That would be terrible during a ride...

No comments: