Tuesday, April 6, 2010

46 Minute Swim

Although this is a busy week, I was able to get to the pool this evening after work for a quick workout.  I did ladders again and swam about 2000 yards; it started a little slow, but I ended up having a great workout.  A few observations from today:

  • I met a new guy, Dan, who is also doing the KC Triathlon in May.  We may end up doing some training together, which could be good.
  • I hate when the pool is full of inexperienced swimmers.  Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to swim, I'm the first person to offer to split my lane.  If you're trying to swim to get in shape or train for something, I respect that, I've been there, I am there.  But if you don't ask to join a lane the right way, or don't stay to your own side...it's just impolite.  Seriously, learn a little protocol.
  • I hate the fat bastard guy that uses the pool like a cool down bath out of the whirlpool.  C'mon man, there's already enough crap in the pool without you using it to rinse off, use the shower.
  • Dark blue goggles are a little dim for indoor swims and I should probably get some clear goggles because for whatever reason I was having a hard time seeing tonight.  Weird.

No comments: