Saturday, April 3, 2010

70 Minute Swim

I had a good bike session yesterday, so I decided to just put in a long swim today.  That being said, I got to be really wild and I slept in until 4:50am! Ha!  I know, you're wondering how I get anything done sleeping so late, but it was a nice change of pace to arrive at the gym after 5am.

I got there and a few people were wandering about.  I dropped my stuff in my usual locker - 117 (by the way, if someone can identify the geeky reason I use 117, you win a prize) and jumped in the pool. 

I decided to do a monster set of ladders today, doing 2x25, 2x50, 2x75, 2x100, 2x125, 2x150, 2x175, 2x200 - and then back down again.  Three things of note during the swim today:

1. I got a monster cramp in my left calf and upper right thigh, like to the point that I almost couldn't pull myself out of the pool to stretch them out.  It was bizzare.  The pain from the cramp is still lingering as I sit here 9 hours later.  Worst cramp ever.

2. I usually have the pool to myself, but today at about 5:45 another guy came in to do some laps.  It wasn't any big deal, it's just the first time that I haven't had the pool to myself during an early morning session.

3.  Here's the weird stuff.  At 10 'till 6am a girl, aged 25 to 30, walked into the wet area (I've described this before - pool, whirlpool, wet sauna, dry sauna - all coed) and into the dry sauna.  In a black bikini.  And sat there for at least a half hour. 

Now normally, if this is just a busy Tuesday evening at the gym, I would probably just think this was some vapid girl that wanted attention so she threw on a bikini and tried to strut around the gym to have people notice her.  Of course, the problem with this explanation for this morning is that it was freaking 5:50am!  Seriously, what the hell is she doing there with the other 8 people in the place?  Did she set her alarm to get up, drive to the gym, put on a bikini and sit in the dry sauna for a half hour?  Was this in her day planner?  Had she not gone to bed yet and was trying to recover from Friday night?  I'm totally confused. 

There may be less than 10 people in the gym at 5am, but the percentage of weirdness is through the roof.

1 comment:

Mrs. GIAS said...

Halo reference: John-117

The prize better be cooler than the answer.

Speaking of which, do I still get the prize even if I "Topeka'd" it to find the answer?