Saturday, April 17, 2010

60 Minute Swim - 60 Minute Bike

Cold. Unmotivated.

Those two words pretty clearly describe today's workouts. 

I started at the pool this morning at about 5am.  I was supposed to do about 77 minutes, which should translate into somewhere around 4000 yards or so for me.  Yeah, I ended up doing something like 1500 yards.  The water was colder than usual, I was tired and just couldn't bring myself to push myself during the workout.  I took long breaks, didn't get in full sets, basically just a lazy, unmotivated workout.

I finished my swim, drove home and got on my bike.  I got about a mile from home, and realized I couldn't feel my hands, so I turned around, went back and got some winter gloves.  The temperature has been in the 70's the last few days and was supposed to be beautiful again today.  That was absolutely the case...this afternoon.  This morning it was 44 degrees.  I was freaking cold.  I started the ride really wanting to do a long 30-40 mile ride.  I did about 15.  Ugh.  Again, I was tired, cold and totally unmotivated.

I need something to light a fire under me right now, to refocus on my workouts and to make some progress in my training.  I have another indoor triathlon tomorrow and I think it may be just the motivation I need to refocus the last 45 days or so before my first race.  Let's hope so...race report tomorrow.

No comments: