Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Round 4: Day 74 Redux - Patience Hummingbird Yoga

I was up until a little after 2am working last night and went into the office at 5am cramming on a project.  Obviously I wasn't able to work in any yoga this morning (although I totally could have used it...the Geek is sore).  I got my project done at work and made it home by about 6:30pm to put my girls to bed and then I convinced Mrs. Gias that we should do a quick yoga session before dinner. 

We've only done Tony's One on One Patience "Hummingbird" Yoga one other time.  It's short, about 30 minutes (which is why we picked it for tonight) and very, very, quiet; especially for Tony.  There are long stretches of the video where Tony doesn't say anything, expecting you to breathe and get through the asanas without any direction.  Last time we did this video I don't think we liked it much because of the lack of direction and the fact that the session moves slowly.  It truely takes patience (as the name implies) to make it through this video.

I must say that I may have previously misjudged this video...today, it was awesome.  I think it worked today for two reasons.  First, it's the end of the day so a nice, slow, relaxing yoga session is a great way to let all the stress of the day just fade away.  Second, at the end of the day your muscles are a bit more loose than when you first wake up, which means I was significantly more flexible than usual.  It was fun to effortlessly grab my feet and stretch out my sore muscles.

1 comment:

x said...

I have a really hard time being patient with yoga... but I have only tried it in the morning for 3 months.