Saturday, March 6, 2010

117 Minute Bike/58 Minute Swim

117 Minute Bike (Stationary)
~20 mph
~40 miles

58 Minute Swim
Coaching Session

I got to the gym at about 5:30am this morning and hit the bike first.  I cruised pretty well the entire time, although I have to say, two hours on a spin bike is pretty monotonous.  I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which helped pass the time (that movie is hilarious, by the by).  Senora Gray Boots and Old Navy were both there; nothing too exciting to note during the session though.

Then I went to the pool and warmed up a bit before my session with my coach at 8:00am.  I was definietly fatigued and probably couldn't have done a 1500 straight, I was just so tired.  It is good that I got to do a trainer session today, it's harder mentally, but easier on your body because there aren't as many yards.  We also ended up talking quite a bit about general triathlon information, which was increadibly healpful.  A few things from today:
  • Long sleeve wetsuit over short sleeve wetsuit for bouancy and speed.
  • Tri-shorts and shirt over tri-suit unless the tri-suit is tight.
  • Never wear a tri-suit in a long distace race, it's impossible to go to the bathroom without taking the whole thing off.
  • Black or dark gray are the only acceptable colors for shorts, there are just too many things that can be exposed with other colors (see picture for explanation-Yikes).

No comments: