Thursday, March 4, 2010

Round 4: Day 33 - P90X+ Total Body Plus

Here I am doing the 1/2 Dervish, basically big swinging twists with weights in both hands. 
As I do this move approximately three feet from my wife, a better name might be
"the smack your wife in the face under the guise of exercise". 

Total Body Plus from the P90X+ series was on tap for this morning.  I had done this workout a few times a couple of months ago when I was looking for some variety.  I remembered that it was a lot of compound moves and generally a good total body workout. 

It did not disappoint this morning.

A few notes about today's workout:
  • It's a shorter workout (45 minutes) but it really moves, there are still more than 20 exercises, some with multiple parts.  It's actually kind of hard to keep up unless you really know what's coming.
  • Everything in the video is compound, meaning you work more than one muscle at a time.  Lunge while doing a curl, pull-up crunches, weighted warrior, etc.  This is excellent, the workout incorporates balance, strength and endurance into a tight little package.
  • I was ungrounded from Shakers today...you really don't know how much you miss something until it's gone.  Let's just say Mrs. Gias had a pretty spectacular shaker about halfway through today...it's one I won't soon forget.

No comments: