Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Round 4: Day 38 - Back and Biceps/ARX

A "Mason Twist" from ARX. FYI - I. Hate. Mason. Twists.

My knee is still questionable at best right now.  It's better than yesterday, but it still hurts going down stairs and when I put any kind of impact on it when bent - i.e. jumping and running are still pretty painful, so they're out for now. 

In interviews that I've listened to with Tony, the subject of working out when injured comes up quite a bit.  Tony's general advice is, "If you upper half is hurt, work your lower half, if your lower half is hurt, work your upper half.  The key is to do something.  Injury is not an excuse to not exercise.  You modify your best laid plans and you do your best."

In other words, with a questionable knee, today was the perfect opportunity to do a back and biceps routine.  I could favor my left left and still get in a great upper body workout, which is what I did.  I even ended up hitting a few personal bests in terms of weights today.  I've really been working on lifting heavy to gain more muscle mass lately and it's nice to be able to turn the dial on the SelectTechs and ramp up the weight.  I either matched or exceeded Bobby (one of Tony's trainers in the Back and Biceps DVD) in all of the exercises today, which (I think) is cool.  I can't quite curl 50 pounds for a set like Tony, but hey, a guy's got to have goals, right?

1 comment:

Mrs. GIAS said...

You did a great job this morning, honey. I'm proud of your hard work and commitment to our schedule/program. Even though there are (many) mornings when I wish we'd hit the snooze button, turn over, and go back to sleep for another hour or two, the truth is that YOU are the reason I roll out of bed every morning. You are the reason I'm getting in the best shape of my life. Thanks for being my inspiration =)