Friday, March 26, 2010

Round 4: Day 55 - Core Cardio and Balance

Yes, this is an actual move from Insanity. 
Yes, I actually look this stupid while doing it.
Sleepy.

We stayed up until after 11:30pm last night watching Mrs. Gias's alma mater, Kansas State University, put a beating on Xavier in double over time in the NCAA Tournament.  It was a good game and pretty exciting towards the end.  Of course as far as I am concerned, basketball season is over for the year after my Jayhawks got uncerimoniously bounced in the second round...but I digress...

I remember there was about 12.1 seconds left in overtime and KSU was up by three or four and Mrs. Gias thought the game was pretty much over and I said, half joking, "12.1 seconds in basketball time could mean hours."  Why do I always have to be right?  Two overtimes and an hour or so later and the Cats finally put it away and we could try to go to bed. 

I know, 11:30pm doesn't sound that late, and it's not, although when you're getting up five hours later to exercise, it's brutal.

Still, we got up this morning and were a bit loopy during our Insanity workout.  This is our last recovery week session and this workout in particular seems to call for a lot of silliness on our part.  Something about the low impact nature of the exercises along with some thumping music that kind of sounds like No Doubt makes us think that we can dance.  I should point out that this assumption is incorrect as evidenced by the side to side clapping picture below.

No comments: