Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Round 4: Day 46 - Back and Biceps

Corncob pullups with a strained neck hurt like CRAZY.  I only did 7 today.

Injuries and weather are driving me batsh*t crazy!  I had to stay later than I thought at work yesterday so I didn't get an outdoor bike ride in.  That was OK because as I was driving home the temperature was hovering right at 40 degrees, which, on a bike, is freaking cold!  The weatherman said it would be warmer this week...stupid witchdoctor.  Unfortunately it doesn't look much warmer today (and it's raining) so I might have to push my ride to tomorrow.  Ugh.

We got up this morning to do one of my favorite routines, Back and Biceps.  My knee was feeling great, probably 85% and I knew another day or so of taking it easy it would be right back to full strength (and I could go on a run and re-injure it for another week - ha!).  I got down stairs and on my very first set of pullups, I strained my neck.  C'mon workout gods, give me a break here.  My side, my knee, my cough...now my neck too!? 

Anyway, I pushed through the rest of the workout without being able to really move my head to the left much.  Instead of lifting heavy and feeling good about myself today I ended up backing off on the weight so that I wouldn't strain my neck any further (or some other body part the fitness gods think would be funny to injure).  I got a pretty good workout, it was just discouraging to not be able to push as hard as I'd like. 

Hopefully it'll warm up a bit and the sun will peak through the clouds a bit so I can get in some bike miles today.

No comments: