Sunday, March 7, 2010

64 Minute Run (Outside)

7 miles in 64 minutes.  6.5 mph, 9:04/min/mile.

Geek's Body:  Geek, I thought we had an understanding.  You don't run unless something is chasing you and I promise you won't get injured.
Geek:  I've been running pretty consistently for a couple of months now, so why on earth does my knee hurt now?
Geek's Body:  You only ran a few miles at a time before, now you've starting ramping it up and I don't like it.  The knee is just the beginning, you keep running and I'm going to f-you up!
Geek:  Woa body, pump the breaks a little bit there.  This is for our health...
Geek's Body:  I will destroy you!

OK, so my body is revolting a bit.  A mysterious muscle on my left side/back is pulled, my left knee hurts and I have a stuffy nose and a cough.  The smart thing to do may have been to take the day off, recover a bit and try to workout later in the week.  Instead, I went for a 7 mile run, (the most I've ever run in a row) after already having worked out this morning. 

Now my knee hurts and I'm having trouble walking up and down stairs.  Thankfully tomorrow is just one Insanity workout...

No comments: