Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Round 4: Day 45 - Cardio Power and Resistance

I may not have been able to jump high, but I can stretch like nobody's business!

Although my knee was still hurting me today I knew I needed to get in a good Insanity workout as it had been nearly a week without one...I was itching to back at it.  We did Cardio Power and Resistance, which, as I've said before, is a great workout.  I did the routine favoring my left knee so my squats weren't quite as low and my jumps weren't quite as high, but I still felt the workout.  Overall, it really didn't feel like my knee was overworked.

After the workout was over, Mrs. Gias and I were chatting about how my knee was, whether I was going to swim today (yes), if she was going to run today (yes) and various other sundry things.  The topic of tomorrow's workout came up and I mentioned that since we're a day behind due to my race on Sunday we wouldn't have our normal Wednesday yoga session, much to Mrs. Gias's chagrin, it would be pushed back to Thursday.  

Mrs. Gias: Wouldn't a nice Irish yoga session be great tomorrow? [tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day]
Geek: Uh, Irish yoga?  You're not even Irish.
Mrs. Gias: Aye, matey, Irish yoga! [in the worst "Irish accent" you've ever heard, followed by a jump up and a click of her heels, possibly trying to impersonate what she believes a leprechaun would do]
Geek:  "Aye, matey, Irish yoga?" Who talks like that, a yoga pirate?

1 comment:

Mrs. GIAS said...

Sometimes I forget about the conversations we have before 6am. Thanks for reminding me how funny I am that early =)