Sunday, March 28, 2010

Round 4: Day 57 - 30:15 Upper Body Massacre

I'm doing close grip pullups, not humping the door frame.  I promise.

We're out of recovery and back into our proper workouts.  This week follows the schedule we had for the first three weeks of the round, which means it was Upper Body Masssacre Sunday once again.  We haven't done this workout in about a month and I had forgotten how it totally kicks my butt.

We were about 9 sets in (there are 24 total) and I remember telling Mrs. Gias that I didn't think I was going to make it.  That's odd for me because I'm usually pretty good at pullups and pushups (the only two exercises in 30:15) but I was feeling spent.  It's just set after set of brutal body weight exercises, pushups, pullups, pushups, pullups over and over for an hour. 

Needless to say at the end of the workout my arms, chest and back were totally burned out.  Lucky for me B wanted me to hold her for the duration of church this morning.  I think thirty pounds of dead weight one arm at a time for a little over an hour is just what the doctor was calling for.  Don't get me wrong, she wanted to be held, and I would NEVER turn that down, so I gritted it out and held her the whole time. 

But seriously...ouch.

No comments: