Monday, March 1, 2010

Round 4: Day 30 - Cardio Power and Resistance

My "wicking" shirt (epic fail on the "wicking") looks like a Rorschach test for "hot sweaty mess".

I don't know if it was because I was sore from my run yesterday or this workout was just tough, but...geez, this thing wore me out today!  Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance is Shaun T's version of gulag.  It felt higher impact than the other Insanity workouts that we've done, which in turn, beats down your body a bit more. 

Mrs. Gias and I were going from Power Jumps (start in a squat, jump as high as you can with your knees up to your shoulders and hit your hands before coming back down into a squat...as fast as you can...without stopping) into V-pushups (exactly like the Pike Presses we murdered ourselves with yesterday in Diamond Delts, so that was a nice treat for our already battered shoulders - who made up this stupid schedule anyway...oh yeah, nevermind) hardly being able to keep up.  It's a new workout for us and it moves pretty quick from jumping moves into pushup moves.  It's a good total body workout and your heart is thumping in your chest like some kind of terrible club music that you can't get away from.

Needless to say, there was very little talking during the workout today as I found it necessary to save my strength to make sure I could still mutter "help" after my inevitable collapse onto the floor in the fetal position.

How was your morning?  

No comments: