Friday, January 8, 2010

12 Min Treadmill Interval Run

12 Min Interval Run - 7pm
60 seconds on 30 seconds off

I wanted to get a little training in tonight but was pressed for time.  I had been reading about the effectiveness of interval training as opposed to regular endurance cardio training and thought tonight was as good a night as any to try it out.  Thus, I hopped on the treadmill and set it at 10mph (6:00 mile) and ran hard for 60 seconds.  I hopped off and walked in my basement for 30 seconds and then hopped back on for another 60 seconds.  Rinse, repeat. 

The workout was hard and my heart rate was all over the place (I think I topped out in the 190's - that's getting to be danger territory for my ticker) which is what's supposed to happen.  I liked it and will try it again, although I'd like to do more research to see if it helps the endurance building that I need to be doing for a triathlon. I'll let you know what I find out.

No comments: