Wednesday, January 13, 2010

29 Min Swim

29 Min Swim - 7:00pm
1200 yds
41.38 yds/min

This was my best swim session to date (OK, I've only had like three, but still...).  I did a 100 warm up, 10x100 free on the 2:25ish (basically go 100yds and rest 30 seconds, ended up being a bit faster than 2:30, probably not quite 2:20).  I added a flip turn after the first 25, which is a nice improvement.  I need to work on flipping every turn so this will be something I try to build on every session endurance.  I finished with a 100 cool down of free, breast and back.

Since I biked first tonight my clothes were sweaty and sloppy, which is gross to put back on.  It's not so bad if you're already wearing sweaty clothes, but putting them back on after they've been in a locker for 30 minutes is terrible.  So to give you a wonderful visual image, I went home commando rather than put the wet stuff back on.  Clearly I need to think about the logisitics of working out at the gym better for next time.  Perhaps a set of spare clothes.  I also didn't take a sweatshirt, so I left the gym in shoes with no socks, track pants with no shorts, a white undershirt from work and an overcoat...a little weird.

No comments: