Sunday, January 31, 2010

Round 4: Day 1 - 30:15: Upper Body Massacre

Today is the start of Round 4 using the hybrid routine we talked about previously.  On tap for today, 30:15 more affectionately known as the Upper Body Massacre.  The workout is a One on One with T-Hort where you do 24 sets, alternating 30 pushups and 15 pullups.  Each set is a different type of pushup (standard, military, staggered hand, diamond, etc.) and pullup (wide front, pullup, chinup, levers, etc.). 

I have to say I was a little worried about keeping up with Tony today as I had never done this workout and it had me a bit scared.  However, the consistent pullups and pushups in P90X was clearly a good primer.  I completed 360 pushups and 182 pullups and I kept up with Tony or exceeded his numbers on every exercise except for levers - where I am not ashamed to say, I failed miserably.  My new goal is 5 levers by the end of the round...

Overall I liked the workout and wasn't as sore today as I thought I would be after really working over my chest and back this morning. It was a great start to Round 4 and I think Mrs. GIAS enjoyed it as well.  That's right boys, Mrs. GIAS also did the Upper Body Massacre and while she can't quite keep up with all of the unassissted pullups (yet), she did keep up really well on pushups.  Oh, and she used pushup stands too, ya' know, so it wasn't too easy.  She's such a bad a$$.

No comments: