Wednesday, January 13, 2010

45 Min Bike (Stationary)

45 Min Bike (Stationary) - 6:00pm
14 Miles
18.67mph

The most interesting thing today was me not checking the pool schedule before I arrived.  I usually like to swim first, then bike, however there was a problem with that today.  When I walked into the pool area with my suit and goggles ready to go, there were 20 fat women playing splash doing water arobics in the pool until 7pm.  I got stared at for a minute while I tried to figure out what the hell they were doing. Then after asking the "instructor" when they would be finished, a few of the women said that I was welcome to join them.  So that was awkward.

Instead I switched clothes and went out to bike before my swim.  I had a good biking session today, kept it at level 12 for most of the time (5-10 min on level 14).  Still not sure what the max level is or what I "should" be doing with that.  Hopefully I'll figure that out before long.  I listened to Garden State Soundrack during my ride.  It's really good and I hadn't listened to it in a while, but I realize that meloncholy indie rock probably isn't the best thing for riding a stationary bike.

I ended up getting pretty sweaty (more than usual it seemed) and did a lot of people watching, which is like an amatuer sport for me.  The gym was very full and had all the stereotypical participants, everyone from big guys lifting heavy with bad form to a few people wandering around not quite sure what they should do and sitting for a minute on one thing and moving to something else. 

Oh, and 20 women playing splash doing water aerobics in the pool area.

No comments: