Saturday, January 9, 2010

30 Min Swim

30 Min Swim
1200 yds (100's, all freestyle, no flipturns)
40 yds/min

I went to the pool a few weeks ago right after I got my membership to 24 Hour Fitness to see how much of my competitive swimming I'd retained.  I thought since I swam competitively in high school (ehem...14 years ago) I thought the swimming portion of my training would be a breeze.  I figured I'd hit the pool, do about 1500-2000 yards on 1:30 interval, you know, nice a slow to start out.

Well that first session in the pool was an eye opener since I figured out that I couldn't swim an entire 100 yards without stopping to gasp for air like a goldfish laying on the floor.

Well, I guess this means its a good thing I have about 20 weeks to get ready for this race, I'm apparently going to need every minute I can find.

No comments: