Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cheat Meal

So at the end of each of my rounds of P90X, I allow myself a little nutritional armistice day and indulge on old favorites that I don't eat anymore to stay healthy.  It's something to look forward to and gives a bit of a reward for sticking to the nutrition aspect of my fitness (which is probably more important than the workouts).

Normally I go for pizza, 5 Guys Burgers and Fries or Oklahoma Joe's BBQ.  Today I was taking out my brother in law for a birthday lunch and he selected one of my oldest and most favorite places to go...Gates BBQ.  A perfect cheat meal.  If you are from Kansas City, this needs no explanation, if you're not, no explanation will suffice.  Let's just say I had the mixed plate with three ribs, sliced beef, sliced ham and a mound of french fries.  I don't even want to know what the calorie count was, but it was worth it.  Oh my was it worth it. 

No comments: