Sunday, January 24, 2010

One on One FOY Yoga


Ah, short yoga. Mrs. GIAS and I have two yoga routines that we go between, nicknamed by us as "long yoga" and "short yoga". Long yoga is Yoga X from P90X (about 90 minutes), and short yoga is from Tony Horton's One on One series called Fountain of Youth, a much more managable 47 minutes of Yoga.  (Horton, or Tone-Tone as we like to call him early in the morning, is the creator of P90X as well.)  Normally, I prefer long yoga, unless our schedule is extra tight in the morning, which today being Sunday with church at 7:30am, it was. My plan was to also try to get up earl(ier) and run (see previous post) before yoga because we had a full day planned and I didn't want to have to work in my run some other time during our busy day.

Anyhoo, short yoga was good today, the run before hand really warmed my muscles up and I was able to stretch better and deeper than I have in a while. I think the extra blood flow and loose muscles helped quite a bit. If I can drag my a** out of bed before 5:00am, I think that I'll probably run a bit before my next yoga session because the stretch seemed to be so much better. We'll see...

No comments: