Sunday, January 10, 2010

P90X Chest & Back/ARX

Who doesn't love Chest and Back days?  It's 24 sets, 12 sets of pushups, 12 sets of back (6 sets pullups, 6 sets weighted back exercise).  This is such a killer workout, it gets me every time.  Body weight exercises are great because you go for your max reps on them every time so it's always challenging and always leaves me sore.

I remember the first time I did C&B, it was the middle of the warm up - arm circles for about two minutes - 5am on a Sunday and I was by myself in my basement, intimidated as all get out.  I thought after those arm circles that maybe this program was a little too challenging...it was the freaking warm up!  I can't believe I almost quit before the workout even started last year.  I'm glad I didn't and now, even though I still have a Pavlovian response to the music in this workout (it makes me nervous and sick to my stomach) I vividly remember that day, pushing through and finishing the workout.  "Too many people stop way before they should," as Tony says.  Ain't that the truth. 

No comments: