Thursday, January 21, 2010

P90X Legs & Back/ARX


Woo-hoo, today is th last resistance day of P90X Round 3. Legs and Back gets a little old because you do it every week during the X, but it's always a challenge, which I like. I did my usual 130 pull ups (unassisted) and used 20lbs dumbells on all of the weighted leg routines.

Of course we followed with ARX.  M really pushed me on this today to do advanced versions of every move (which we've done before) but ARX after Legs and Back is tough because so much is focused on your lower body and hip flexors. After an hour of working my legs, holding them straight and flexing for another 15 minutes is a real challenge.  Anyway, we got through everything with flying colors except for my second nemisis, the dreaded Mason Twists.  I only got through about 45 (instead of 50) with my legs up.  I don't know why I have such a hard time with that stupid exercise, it just wears me out (and it's the last move).  I'm convinced this was a mental preparation error and if I had just focused more before starting and didn't chit-chat about Tony and the Kids I wouldn't have had this problem.

It's OK, do your best forget the rest.  I'll get 'em next time.

No comments: