Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Patience "Hummingbird" Yoga


Patience "Hummingbird" Yoga is a new yoga routine Mrs. GIAS and I did this morning at our regular 5:00am workout slot (it's a Tony Horton One on One - of course).  As said before, this is a P90X recovery week, so the schedule is a little different than our usual three days resistance two days cardio and one day yoga. 

I had been wanting to try this yoga DVD for a while and today we were scheudled for X-Stretch, which is a 60 minute stretching routine.  X-Stretch is good, and you feel nice and relaxed at the end, but a little extra intensity is always a nice addition in my book (not to mention I love yoga).  So even if it's a little harder than X-Stretch, it will be a nice substitute workout with a similar relaxing effect.

Anyway, after some cheesy Tone-Tone at the beginning doing a few "ohm-outs" (yeah, you've got to watch to understand) the routine was a nice, quiet, relaxing session.  Until I got into Savasana ("Corpse Pose" - literally lying on your back, eyes closed and motionless) that is, and our daschund, who usually hides under his blanket during our workout, decided that would be the perfect time to lick my face. 

Nice way to end a relaxing session, dog tongue on my mouth.

No comments: