Saturday, February 20, 2010

117 Minute Bike (Stationary)

No, I did not wear a helmet on the spin bike today.  Even I'm not that Geeky.
(I just really want to get on a real bike - stupid snow.)

117 Minute Bike (Stationary)
41.45 miles
21.3 mph

I finished my swim and hopped on a spin bike (stupid snow...still can't ride outside) for a little less than two hours.  I flipped on the Zune and watched Transformers...a perfectly Geeky movie to watch while spinning; I've seen it a few times, you don't have to pay attention and it helps pass the time.  (Plus, giant robots are awesome!)

Today I was pedaling hard and trying to keep my cadence in the high 90's and I was pretty successful.  I was already pretty tired from the week and my swim session, but I really wanted a good workout on the bike, so I put my head down and tried to push hard the whole time. 

I felt like I was playing a constant game of chicken with the lactic acid in my legs.  The resistance would go down and I would get a short respit before ramping back up like I was going up a hill and the lactic acid would feel like it was trying to burn through my shorts.  I just tried to breathe through it and keep my legs moving.

My heartrate didn't ever get up above the low 140s and stayed in the mid to low 130s most of the time.  I was happy with that because I think I have my conditioning to a point that I can run my heart almost idefinitely at that range.  The only limiting factor today was the soreness in my legs.  I kept my focus and pushed myself pretty significantly and got through the workout feeling great. 

People Watching Update
Frizzy McBlonde Hair and Brownie von CropPants were both there today, again with no Old Navy (that's three weeks in a row!).  The person that was there again was Senora Gray Boots and this week she was early.  She was already on the stair master by the time I came out to start spinning at 5:30am.  She was dressed identically the same, as if she was frozen in time from last week.  The more I think about it, I still think it's super weird, but at the same time, kind of awesome as well.  How may older ladies do you know that probably don't have much background in working out would come to a gym every Saturday, before 6am, to workout and try to get healthier.  This lady seems to be taking her health seriously, and that's pretty awesome.

Of course, she could just be crazy, in which case, less awesome and more "watch out for that psycho".  Whatever.

No comments: