Tuesday, February 2, 2010

29 Min Swim

29 Min Swim - 5:30pm
1350 yds
46.55 yds/min

In my mind's eye, I look like a dolphin, gracefully skimming the top of the water, cleverly coming up for air every few strokes, almost winking at the atmosphere, as if it's an inside joke that someone as smooth and elegant as myself would bother with breathing during a swim. 

In actuality, I think I probably look like a angry drunken stepfather, slapping the water as if it's a petulant child all the while gasping for air as if I'd just finished running up Pike's Peak.

Yeah, the swim was OK, I sped up and did my intervals on the 1:55 and flipped all my turns again.  I'm getting better and faster every time, I just feel like there's a long way to go.  Thus, I have scheduled a session with a personal trainer on Saturday to break down my stroke and lead me away from the drunken stepfather I resemble and closer to the dophin I know I can become.  Or something like that.  Whatever, it better make me faster.

No comments: