Monday, February 15, 2010

58 Minute Run (Treadmill)

Good evening, Treadmill. Oh, how I am getting tired of you.

58 Minute Run (Treadmill) - 7pm
50 Minutes actual
4.75 miles
5.7mph

I started the run at 7mph (8:30 min/mile) for about three miles, then I slowed down significantly because I was tired.  Running at the end of the day always gets to me.  I just need to keep working and push through.  I think mind over matter I could have gone faster tonight, it was just tough.  I also am starting to hate the treadmill.  I'm ready for the weather to get better so I can get outside and do some runs.  Hopefully this weekend.

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Are you playing with incline at all on the treadmill? I'm always surprised at how much more difficult it is to run outside (with hills!) after spending some time on the treadmill.

Playing with incline and speed always seems to help me "push through" those really tough runs as well. Two minutes at this speed, then up the incline for two minutes...then up the speed for two minutes, then up the incline...eventually work back down. It breaks the time up a little for me.

Geek In A Speedo said...

Excellent tips, I'll have to try that. Usually I just set the incline at 2% and go. I'll mess with it for my next run, assuming it still isn't warm enough to brave an outdoor run...

-The Geek