Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Round 4: Day 3 - Just Arms & Killer Abs

Today we did Just Arms and Killer Abs.  Two workouts from the One on One series that we hadn't tried yet.  Just Arms is exactly what it sounds like, biceps, triceps and forearms, that's it.  I lifted pretty heavy and it was a good workout.  Now that I know the routine, I think I'll probably be able to go a little heavier. 

Killer Abs was a nice challenge from Ab Ripper X, which is what we usually do for abs (3x/week).  Killer Abs is Ab Ripper 200 from the Power 90 Series (10 sets of crunches @20 reps each) and the complete Ab Ripper X routine (12 moves @20 reps each), back to back.  It got a nice burn going in the core.

Let's make sure this new schedule is working...shall we review: My pecs and back are still sore from 30:15 on Sunday, Insanity wore out my legs and destroyed my core (feels like my abs are literally bruised) on Monday (and I went for a 4 mile run), and today we ripped up the rest of our arms and core for good measure. 

I'm a walking billboard for DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).  Oh, and I have a swim and bike session scheduled for tonight.  Sometimes I think, "Geek, you're an idiot."

No comments: