Thursday, February 18, 2010

35 Minute Swim

35 Min Swim - 4:30pm
100 warm up
Drill work
1 x 1500 - 25:30 ~1:42/100
58.82 yds/min

I had a great swim today.  I hit the pool and warmed up with a quick 100 and then I decided that today was the day to give some distance a try.  My race is 1500m in open water - ie, no wall to grab and stop.  I wanted to give a race distance a try to see if my breathing and endurance would hold up.  I started swimming and just set my mind to swimming 60 lengths, all flip turns and pushed through.  I used the trick I talked about during my last swim and said the rosary as I swam.  I finished and looked at the clock which was right at 25 minutes 30 seconds.  That's a solid pace and it's a great confidence booster that I won't embarass myself too badly come race day.  It's also nice to be three months out and feel comfortable with the distance; now I just need to get faster.

No comments: