Saturday, February 6, 2010

97 Min Bike (Stationary)

97 Min Bike (Stationary) - 5:30am
34.9 Miles
21.59 mph

Got to the gym about 5:30am this morning and went straight for the bike instead of swimming first because I had a session with a swim coach at 8:00am.  There were a few people there including Frizzy McBlonde Hair and Brownie von Crop Pants.  This is the first week that I haven't seen Old Navy hanging around.

Anyway, I was on the bike and kept a nice steady cadence in the 90s and watched District 9 on my Zune.  What a cool movie.  Watching it on a three inch screen probably takes something away from the visuals, but I really enjoyed it and since it was almost exactly the same length as my ride, the bike session went pretty fast today.  I need to remember to make sure I have a couple of good movies on the Zune to keep my attention for long stationary bike sessions.

People watching was pretty slow until one lady came in, then it got super awesome.  So an older lady, at least 60, probably older than that with platinum blonde/white hair that was shoulder length but very frizzy and very full started walking around the club.  She was wearing jeans, a cable-knit grey shirt with a full length camel colored suede (with furr edges) trenchcoat and grey boots with heels (as pictured).  She walked over to a cable machine, grabbed one of the handles and pulled on it with a 6 to 8 inch range of motions (normally the range of motion on this machine is 24-30 inches) for about ten seconds, still in her boots and overcoat, then let go, grabbed it with her other arm and did the same thing.  Then she took off her trenchcoat, grabbed the handle with each of her arms again, same 6-8 inch motion for ten seconds, put her coat back on and walked away. 

It is at this point that I vowed that I would never go into the gym without my Blackberry so I can take pictures of this stuff, it's just too good.

So she wasn't done yet; she walked over to the leg press machine, with her trenchcoat still on and her big heeled boots, sat down and did a few leg presses, maybe 5, then got up and I lost track of her.  Weird.

About 5 minutes later I saw her on a treadmill, her trenchcoat off and draped on the side handle of the treadmill and she had changed into plain white Nike's that had seen better days, and she was walking.  She walked for 20 minutes or so with her hands draped over the top of the machine, still wearing jeans and a grey cable knit top.

I think this is the most weird becuase you have a grandmother-looking lady in boots, and regular clothes and a trenchcoat, sporadically using exercise equipment in a 24 Hour Fitness on a Saturday.  At 6:30 in the morning.  I just can't understand what is going on, it's just weird. 

Anyway, I lost track of her and didn't get a chance to chat with her, maybe she'll come back next week when I'm ready with my camera!

No comments: