Sunday, February 7, 2010

Round 4: Day 8 - 30:15 Upper Body Massacre

Yeah, that's Mrs. GIAS, like I've said before, she's bad a$$

Week 2 of our new rotation is starting and I was fired up for 30:15.  I was also super freaking tired since I just finished running 5.85 miles literally 1 minute before we started.  I had a nice thick sweat already and now I needed to do 360 pushups and 180 pullups. 

Running before this workout was...stupid.

I got through the pushups without too much trouble, I even added a little plyometric move to the last two sets for fun.  The pullups were increadibly hard today because I was so fatigued.  I took more mid-set breaks than I usually do, but I ended up getting through all the sets.  My levers were dramatically improved from last week and I'm sure that by the end of the round I'll have much better form and be able to rip out a good number of those.

Mrs. GIAS was doing great today as well, she stayed on her toes for almost all of her pushups, including close grip/diamond pushups.  Those are super difficult and require a ton of upper body strength and she got through them with flying colors.  Super proud of her today.

No comments: