Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Round 4: Day 24 - Fountain of Youth Yoga


You ever wake up and in that early morning haze, not realize what day it is or what you have to do that day?  Of course the feeling wears off after a couple of seconds (or minutes), but for those first few minutes, it's terribly disorenting.  I had that feeling today, I couldn't remember if it was Sunday or Monday or what workout we were doing or if I had to go to work today...it was really weird.  Then I quickly remembered that it was recovery week and that we were supposed to do Yoga today.  Yoga is one of my favorite workouts, so that was a nice relief. 

We started our yoga session and after a minute or two I decided that no matter how tight I was today I was going to really push myself into each of the poses.  I kept pushing a little farther, a little lower, living in that zone of "slight discomfort" to get a really good stretch.  And it felt great.

No comments: