Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Round 4: Day 11 - Yoga X

Right angle pose...You can't tell, but my left hand is flat on the ground, I swear. :)

Long Yoga, how I've missed you. 

It's been a few weeks since we've done this version of Yoga and I really like it.  It's about 92 minutes, which is a lot to get in before breakfast and getting ready for work, but I always think it's worth it.  It starts out with 50 minutes of vinyasas and moving postures (Warrior series; Crescent Pose, Right Angle Pose, etc.) which really get the blood flowing and usually builds up a nice sweat. 

The first time I did this routine I thought it would be a piece of cake, just some stretching and balancing on one foot.  Oh, how I was wrong.  If you've never done yoga before and think it would be easy, come try the first 50 minutes with me.  It's tough.  Probably the routine that I struggle with the most in P90X.

The last 40 minutes or so are balance postures, (also challenging) stretches and an ab routine affectionately known as the "Yoga Belly 7" (it's not nearly as fun as it sounds - about 6-7 minutes of isometric ab exercises).

After you finish you feel like you've worked pretty hard and gotten a nice deep stretch in all of your muscles.  I always feel refreshed at the end.

Of course, Mrs. GIAS and I also like to play a few games during this routine, because we've done it so many times (easily more than 50).  One of our favorites is "that's what she said."  It's excatly what you would think. 

Examples: 

Tony says, "when you're on your knees, you want to pad them up," we say, "that's what she said." 

Tony says, "it will feel like a rod you've never felt before," we say, "that's what she said." 

Tony says, "drop your knees around your head," we say, "that's what she said." 

I think you get the idea.  Yeah it's childish and stupid, but then again, so am I.

1 comment:

Mrs. GIAS said...

"Pull it in and hold."
...That's what she said.