Thursday, February 18, 2010

Round 4: Day 19 - Plyo Legs

So this is our third time doing Plyo Legs (other times here and here).  Today I think my quads were literally going to explode at no less than three different times during the workout. 

First, was during the horrendous three minute wall squat, which is exactly what it sounds like. 

Second, was during "toe roll iso lunges" which is basically going into a deep lunge, front knee over your ankle, back leg straight out behind you and rolling forward so your front knee goes over your toe and then back over your ankle fifty times on each leg.  Yeah, I'm fairly certain this was used to extract information from Jack Bauer this week on 24

Third was during the 90 seconds of one legged wall squats; and yes, in answer to your question, they are lots worse than regular wall squats.

The workout was fine and I feel like I got a really good lower body workout.  All that extra soreness should prove useful for my swim and bike session later today. 

No comments: