Thursday, February 4, 2010

29 Min Run (Treadmill)

29 Min Run - 7:15pm
3.15 Miles
6.5mph

Here's a tip for you...don't watch Modern Family while you are trying to run on a treadmill.  That show is hilarious and I literally had to jump onto the rails of the treadmill three or four times because I was laughing so hard...If I didn't slow down I thought I was going to hurt myself on the treadmill.  Here's a taste:

--Luke: "What's Jaegermeister?" [Phil's 10 year old son]


--Phil: "Well, you know how in a fairy tale there's always a potion that makes the princess fall asleep, and then prince charming starts kissing her? Well, this is like that except you don't wake up in a castle. You wake up in a frat house with a bad reputation."

Anyway, if not for the added danger of laughing during the run, this was one of my better running sessions to date.  My calves, glutes and hamstrings were a bit sore from this morning's workout, but I still kept a steady 6.5mph pace and felt like I could keep going after my 29 minutes were up.  I basically did a decent 5k with gas left in the tank.  I think my training is benefiting from being slightly fatigued at most (if not all of my workouts) as triathlon seems to require you to push through being tired to finish.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.

No comments: