Thursday, February 11, 2010

Round 4: Day 12 - Plyo Legs

Plyo Legs again today.  Mrs. GIAS has a terrible head cold and last night I didn't think she was going to make it up for our workout this morning.  She proved me wrong and hopped right up this morning.  By "hopped right up" I really mean "rolled out of bed and drifted downstairs halfway unconscious".  The workout isn't strenuous in a cardio sense, I mean, the heart rate gets up there, but it's more a resistance workout for your legs.  It's a nice change of pace and is definietly developing the lower half.

Speaking of the lower half, I probably should have run yesterday evening; I've got 32 minutes left (short run) to do for this week (plus a long swim and long bike on Saturday).  I'm committed to putting myself into the 8:30/mile time frame for this 32 minutes, which should be just under four miles.  We'll see how that goes.  Anyway, I was just so darned tired last night and was ready to eat that I didn't run.  Of course, tonight Mrs. GIAS and I have a dinner to go to, so running is out for tonight as well.  It'll have to be Friday night (who says I don't have an exciting life!?) or do a mammoth session on Saturday...48 minute swim, 107 minute bike and 32 minute run - yikes.

Finally, last night Mrs. GIAS made a new meal, pictured above.  It's called Italian Sausage Pizza Soup.  She healthified it and made it with turkey sausage, zuchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and chicken broth (with some red peper flakes to give it a kick).  It's like 150 calories per serving, low fat, low sodium, has a great taste and seemed pretty easy to make.  Delicious.

No comments: